Sunday 19 July 2015

Time out

Having returned from a week's holiday, it's back to work and time to prepare for our next outing on the 25th July.

I acquired two more wagons, one is in very good condition so it will be left alone.

The other wagon I decided to pay homage to our local model railway club!


With work on the blue EMU completed, I now also have a fully functioning green EMU to partner it. Currently both sets are powered having converted the recent acquisition to three rail running so I'll test the two units together next weekend to see how they perform together.

I had a go at repairing one of the old cab front ends, this was the one with a corner piece missing. It's not perfect but it's perfectly usable:


And finally, with less than six days until the next public outing, these ideally need to be installed in one of the rear boards. Most of the board wiring is in place already, it just needs some time and a few more holes drilled.


This will allow us to run trains from the turntable, through the back of the layout and into the storage sidings at the back.

(If I get time to fit them)


No comments:

Post a Comment