Monday 26 December 2016

Six wheeled brake van

A project that got completely missed from this site!

In late November, I gained another box of bits, on the provision that I restored one of the two, six wheeled brake vans that was in the collection. Both had been modified, with one minus its original wheels & couplings and both stripped of their original graphics.

Up until now, I've created my coach sides by taking scans of the originals and then re-drawing them  using the original scan as a base. For this I had to rely on Google images to get some half decent pictures of what it was supposed to look like, with the coach scan only being used for the correct dimensions and placement of the window cuts.

After many hours of fiddling and using only MS Paint, I managed to create graphics, then fed this into the Silhouette software to produce some new overlays.

After two or three attempts. I had my overlays printed & cut correctly:


And after applying the vinyls and lacquer, painting the chassis black and the roof with grey primer, this was the end result:


Okay so not an exact match and probably not quite as valuable, but a perfectly usable wagon no less, which has now been returned to its very happy owner!


No comments:

Post a Comment