Monday 19 November 2012

New additions...

Transplanted one of the Co-Co chassis from the job lot of "interesting" conversions back into a proper deltic body, this means I now have 3 operational deltics!

Ordered some ringfield neo magnets and once these arrive I'll do a motor swap with the noisy Co-Bo Metrovick.


I've also snapped up a rather nice looking 0-6-0 steam loco and have another on watch, both non-runners. I've never seen one of these close up and it will be interesting to see firstly why they're not working and then see how easy they are to convert to 3 rail running. I'm not aware that Dublo ever made these in 3 rail, hopefully I can use the pickups that will be left over from the redundant deltic chassis once  I've pinched the motor out of it for the Metrovick! The 0-6-0 only cost £16 so would be nice to get it running.


Elsewhere in the loft I've made a start on clearing space for further track laying and decided to abandon my idea of 4 loops in favour of 2, this will make the layout far less complicated and reduce the number of diamond crossovers. Also if I'd gone with 4 tracks I would have ended up installing points in locations that aren't easily accessible, so these sections can be left with just straight sections of track. I've mocked up a great idea for a terminus and some extra sidings. I don't tend to draw these things or use planning software, just gold old fashioned track laying.
I've now sold all the DCC controllers, booster and the decoders I'd removed from the locos, along with the decoders that were still in their packaging. Very pleased with the amount of money raised, I managed to make a small profit on the select and the elite as these were second hand purchases. I did of course lose out with the decoders and the power booster but with Christmas fast approaching, every little helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment