Monday 14 January 2013

What I got for Christmas...

This almost feels like writing up my news on the first day back at school after a Christmas break!

So Father Christmas worked his magic again - I must have been good!

No locos this time, just as well really as there's a mounting pile of "projects" awaiting my attention, as well as continuing the work on the loft layout and re-doing the portable layout one last time before its exhibition in September.

So, I'm now the proud owner of not one but TWO, DOUBLE level crossings! - Something Dublo never made. One has been sourced from a supplier of "neverwazza" items and the other is more bespoke. Basically my brother sourced a single crossing on Ebay and set about modifying it and having it sprayed. Apparently it was a team effort but it looks great. I'll get some pictures of both crossings next time I'm in the loft but I've already decided that one will be installed permanently in the loft layout and the other will be shown in the portable layout, I'll modify the layout to accommodate it if I can't find a suitable spot!

Really pleased to have these in my possession, I have a few single crossings but nowhere to put them so both of these will come in handy.

Work wise, nothing much has happened in the loft for a while. Combination of high workloads and tiredness means that when I have been in the loft I've basically just been playing trains or trying to tidy up. I still need to complete the inner loop and wire all the points so I've had to contend with running a simple goods train with 80033 & 80054 doubled-heading. Quite satisfying to see these run on an A3 but demonstrates the benefits of ensuring that the locos run faultlessly. I can't praise Neo magnets enough as they make a huge difference to the current draw.

No work done on the two 0-6-0 locos I acquired before Christmas, still a bit of head scratching as to how I'm going to mount the third rail skate underneath - I haven't been beaten yet. There's also another Bachmann project (or two) to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment