Monday 29 July 2013

Scrap or repair?

Really not sure what to do with these but picked them up as part of a job lot with some track, wagons and another A3 controller that's clearly been apart at some point during its life.


None of these run, or make any kind of attempt to run. None of them have their body fixing screws and the 2-6-4 seems to have shed its rear pony somewhere. The bodies are also very, very play-worn - even if I do restore them mechanically I don't have the ability (or patience!) to restore the paintwork and the 2-6-4 is missing a buffer. Clearly these have had a hard life but I don't have the heart to break them up for spares.

I do however have a potential plan for the 2-6-4 having found a nicely repainted body on Ebay. I also have sufficient spare parts to potentially restore it to working condition without having to spend any money!

For now I think I'll store the two 0-6-2's safely away, just in case some suitably cheap bodies should turn up, or I find someone who can do some justice to the existing bodies (which I can't) however I do already own four 0-6-2 tanks.

I think I did say previously that you can never have too many...




No comments:

Post a Comment