Sunday 15 March 2015

Repair projects

After another unsuccessful attempt to three rail my 0-6-0 tank engine, I've sidelined it while I think of a better way to complete the project.

Meanwhile, after going through some of the stock that I'd removed from the storage boxes when I streamlined to two rather than three boxes, I realised that there was some work to be done.

When I ordered a reproduction pick up assembly for my E3002 conversion, I took the liberty of ordering two of them as I also had a second Co-Bo, which was also a two rail conversion. It had been running with a cut-down standard pick up system, and when this proved unreliable I fitted a Marklin skate. This also didn't run quite as smoothly as the other, genuine Co-Bo but it's now sporting a shiny new pick up (from Coopertrains)


Also in need of assistance is the Duchess of Rutland, this was a cheap Ebay purchase, sold as a poor repaint that actually (to me) looks ok. It lost its connecting rod during a run several months ago. Normally the problem is with the connecting pins, however on this one the pins are stuck firmly in position. After some research on the HRCA website it appears that HD did sometimes flatten these off from behind. The problem here appears to be with the rod itself and I should have sufficient spare bits up in the loft to restore this back to running operation...


No comments:

Post a Comment