Sunday 15 March 2015

Storage

Safe storage of my rolling stock has become a bit of an issue.

I find myself using a combination of the original boxes (where I have them) and storage foam.

This can mean that it takes a while to safely extract and refit locos back into their boxes, which can also cause wear to the boxes, also the storage foam isn't very secure and the self-adhesive sections of the foam have a nasty habit of actually sticking to the loco bodies. In some cases this has lifted some of the paint, so I need a better solution.

After trawling the internet, a number of forums users recommended these from Modellers Mecca...


There are two internal trays, which are formed from cardboard so require some minimal (but easy) assembly and the dividers can be arranged to suit the stock.

Here the Bachmann 4 CEP is safely stored away, along with a Co-Bo. The Bacmann stock was previously stored in its original plastic / cardboard packaging, which takes ages to remove and refit properly!


Safe storage for up to 30 trucks & wagons (15 per tray) I may add some tissue paper to provide some extra stability.


For added geekiness, I photographed the contents of each box and printed labels which I'll attach to each box to identify which stock belongs to which box.

Should make setting up and packing down much quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment