Friday 29 May 2015

Atholl finished

Following on from this blog entry: http://dublonutz.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/more-diy.html

I finally got around to ordering some waterslide transfers to complete my Atholl restoration.

Although I have some waterslide transfer paper, I don't have the correct LMS font style on my computer and my talents for home-made decals are probably best left to black locos only!

Fox transfers supplied me with the necessary bits to finish this project. After carefully cutting the numbers and letters from the transfer sheet, they were soaked in warm water with a dash of washing up liquid as per the instructions provided.


I haven't fitted a waterslide transfer in years, As the numbers are cut out separately I needed a straight edge so I used masking tape...


 After carefully applying the numbers, I then used the same method to fix the LMS lettering to the tender. The Duchess of Atholl name plates are brass and were glued into place before the whole loco received two coats of satin lacquer...


The lighting here isn't great and doesn't really do this justice, here the lettering looks really bright but in reality it doesn't look that bad...



It looks a great deal better than it did previously, good for another 50 years I reckon!



No comments:

Post a Comment