Tuesday 30 June 2015

Blue EMU - Part Three


Job done!

It took three attempts to get the motor coach right - on the first attempt I applied too much lacquer and caused a large run right at the front of the coach. This being the leading coach it has to look perfect so I peeled the vinyl off and started again. This time I didn't get the alignment right and then stretched the graphics so had to print yet another set.

Third time lucky and after three (careful) coats of lacquer, I had the desired finish I was looking for:


Replacement cab ends arrived and were painted using Vauxhall Mustard Yellow paint. I've done my best to repair the damaged roof of the trailer coach, a small scratch and chip on the corner is still visible but the plan is that this will be hauling another three coach EMU, so the damage here wont be visible and is still far better than it previously looked.


Trailer coach


Motor coach


...with correct numbers!


And all three coaches together in their new colour scheme...


Now to find a replacement motor coach...


No comments:

Post a Comment