Monday 10 March 2014

£10 Golden Fleece

Well £9.50 plus postage.

Saw this on eBay and couldn't resist. I should have enough spare parts scattered around to make this into a running loco, again this will be a loco that's built entirely from scrap parts. The body is a little play-worn but certainly usable as it is without the need to repaint.

Ages ago I sourced a scrap chassis which was bought to restore Sir Nigel Gresley but when it arrived it had black wheels rather than the Gresley red ones, so I kept it to one side just in case.

My original Silver King was mis-matched with a gloss body and Matt tender so a replacement body and tender was sourced a while back. The old tender I kept to one side just in case.

So all I need to do is find an armature and a neo magnet, then I can turn this into a runner...


No comments:

Post a Comment