Sunday 15 May 2016

Project Hogwarts - part two


Work continues, using leftover paint. No white primer left so grey it will be...


With the previous maroon LMS repaints, I painted them black and then painted the red over the top to darken the effect. this has gone straight over the grey primer, which makes it slightly lighter but still not as red as the Hornby-produced version...


After masking, the black cab roof, front and sides are painted black, ready for lining and transfers... 


I'm not aware of anyone selling the graphics commercially, so this lot had to be constructed from scratch using Paint & Publisher...
My skills with a scalpel are not great. I am now however the proud owner of a silhouette cutting machine which, once programmed correctly, can plot and cut my transfers with remarkable precision - this little lot were done as a trial set as the machine only arrived on Friday. By the early evening I had my first, usable results..,


Couldn't help but test them. I'll need to fit the cab linings first but they're still on order. There's sufficient spare numbers that I can peel this one off later but the effect is impressive, so is the nameplate. The holder itself is still green so will need to be painted before the final graphics are fitted. These fit really well into the GWR nameplates.


Still a long way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment