Monday 16 September 2013

Double footbridge

Having seen these at other shows, I wanted a double footbridge of my own.

Having been gifted this one as a birthday present, I realised that for the loft layout I actually needed two of them.

Thankfully over the years I'd gained a number of single footbridges in various condition, even a nice boxed one so obviously this wasn't a candidate. I did however find two that were looking a bit sorry and using the one gifted to me as a guide, I managed to carefully hacksaw, file and respray my own.

After some careful hacking...


Test fitting...


 Priming...



This is the final result...


I ended up using a whole tin of Sahara beige on this footbridge alone and even after priming, it needed three coats of top coat.

I'm happy with the final result, it will match perfectly with the platform sections I recently completed and should give my main station a bit of a "wow" factor.

Halfords must be wondering why there's suddenly been an upsurge in several of their stores for a paint that was used primarily on 70s Cortinas!


No comments:

Post a Comment