Monday 2 September 2013

Painting progress

Most of the platform repainting is now finished, while I was at it I took the opportunity to repaint the tops of the signal boxes, again the main paintwork is reasonably good and I'm not skilled enough to re-colour all the doors and window bits, so repainting the top will have to do.


Top of the signal box after it's top coat, still masked up...



All done...




Halfords grey primer makes a great base coat for the tinplate coaches, I had 4 coaches with rusty roofs so after a quick rubdown and two coats of primer, I then applied two coats of lacquer to make them look like this...



With most of the work done, I couldn't resist a quick mock-up on the loft layout, the station area here can't accommodate a longer platform than two sections plus ramps, hence why I want the waiting rooms and other buildings to be separate from the platforms so that I can centre them up when in the loft, and re-position them when using the portable layout...



My new, "neverwazza" double footbridge in the background, more to come on that...




Happy with progress, it's nice that the platforms all match. Should make the portable layout look much better with a nice big station.



No comments:

Post a Comment