Sunday 13 September 2015

Scrapheap challenge - part one

Quite why anyone would just throw this little lot in the skip is beyond me!

After a receiving a quick answerphone message, this little box of unwanted "bits" arrived for me to look over. Needless to say I wont be throwing anything away here.


I will fully PAT test the Duette controller before I run it but early signs are that it's in full working order. The track is dirty but straight and can be revived, as can some of the coaches and wagons.

The four locos I have confirmed are all non-runners, with only the Duchess of Montrose showing any signs of life at all - the wheels just about turn.

The valve gear of the 2-6-4 is damaged and may be beyond salvation. Hopefully I can find something in the spares box to bring this one back to life. I think I can certainly get the other three running but they will all require repainting.


A job for the winter I think and some more Neverwas loco projects to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment