Sunday 20 December 2015

Blue & Grey EMU - part three

Managed to source a centre car. It arrived in reasonable condition and in a box, probably a bit too nice for this kind of treatment but on further inspection, it was showing signs of rust, so after dealing with the rusty bits, time to apply more vinyls:


After applying the other side, the coach was then lacquered - three coats to get the level of shine I wanted.


After fitting the roof, I discovered that there was a mis-match in roof colours. Not sure why as they were all sprayed with the same paint but one had dried notably darker than the other. I then discovered that I'd fitted the wrong roof to the motor car - it had no screw fixing to secure it. So this had to be removed and refitted. I then cracked the other roof as I was removing it. So when the cab front (which I eventually won on Ebay!) arrives I'll have to repair the roof first before I can finally complete this three car set.

Even the roof I've fitted below isn't that great, there's a roof vent missing so I haven't glued this one into position in the hope that a better roof comes along, and if it does then it'll be reasonably easy to swap:


The intention is to have this set ready to run by February. So far it's looking reasonably likely, with only one coach left to finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment