Monday 3 February 2014

Minor mishap

My smugness and self-satisfaction levels after the repainting the 0-6-2 tank were very short-lived!

After checking the pictures that I'd uploaded I decided to go back and repaint the buffers again... Big mistake!

Sadly as I took the brush from the pot of red touch-up paint, it dripped... right on top of the roof of my lovely, newly painted loco. And of course the lacquer coat was still a bit tacky so this got ruined!

Thankfully it didn't land on the stripes and I was able to rub down and repaint the cab roof and re-lacquer. All is now well.

I also finally got around to sorting out Dorchester. I decided to fit a brand new set of brushes, this cured the problem as there was no visible sign of any issues with the brush springs. Both locos run happily along the test track in the loft and they'll get a proper run-in next weekend. Hopefully by then I'll also have sourced a new front coupling for the tank engine...


No comments:

Post a Comment