Tuesday 11 February 2014

Transfers

I've had these for ages.

I made a Royal Mail sorting coach a while ago using transfers supplied by eBay seller lhp media.

I used the same supplier for the recent restoration of the 0-6-2 tank engine and after some tidying of my office, I found the other transfer sets that I'd bought and subsequently lost.

These are fitted to some of my less-pretty Dublo tinplate coaches, all of the coaches used had either rusty roofs or damaged paint.

The roofs were removed and painted with halfords grey primer, with two coats of clear lacquer to make them shine. After the sides of the coaches were given a light sanding, the transfers were applied. I then added a coat of lacquer to these to add more shine but this has to be done carefully due to the design of the transfers.

So after very little effort, I now have another Royal Mail sorting coach to add to the mail train and two coaches to add to the breakdown crane. More importantly, four rusty and play worn coaches that would have never seen any use have been salvaged and will have prominent positions on my layout.


The roof of the final breakdown crew coach is still drying!





No comments:

Post a Comment